Tuesday 9 October 2012

Is this a disturbing trend?

By Ranter.

I've seen plenty of things in my life. The hilarious rise of Scientology? We're all living it. The time a Scientologist almost booted Oprah in the back of the head? I watched that too. Lately, however, I've been continuously exposed to this odd little slice of teenage culture...

This:


With this:


And this:


And hell, this too:



That bottom picture is a joke. A joke. For further education, go here.

As you can see, a completely unattractive stoner with Kraken tentacles oozing from his head is romantically linked to beautiful women and Kathy Griffin in 15 years if we count that last photo. Oh, my mistake; most of these stoners wear hats. Generic name-brand hats. I might be quick to judge and some of them may not even be stoners -- but rather insignificant followers who try to feign this tough-guy-who-owns-every-bitch persona -- but my point still stands. There are a variety of potential reasons regarding this phenomenon...

a) Said twiggy guy knows someone who has something (drugs or the like) said beautiful woman wants, so she clings onto him as if she's a graceful remora and he's an ugly goblin shark.

b) The persona aforementioned in my first point is considered cool nowadays and thus attractive... we live in a world where teenagers like to think they know everything and own everything, completely bypassing traditional societal conventions and ignoring things like justice and moral beliefs with unsettling ease. They did that before, it's just getting much worse. They also like to tear people a new asshole with little to no warning. Bitching is now cool, guys. Look for Jamie Lynn Spears to make a comeback shortly.

c) People wondered why Shaggy and Daphne never hooked up and they wanted to emulate it in a real-life circumstance. I don't know.

Oh sure, some may say, "But maybe they have feeeeeeeeelings," but that's sentimental bullshit. There was a time when I never saw this happen. Maybe it always has and I'm just an ignorant douche going off on a tangent. There are rarely any teenage couples I see today who are "perfect matches" with the exception of one or two, and God bless them, but that's only because the lifestyle doesn't allow for it.

Say one girl is the quiet type. Quiet, but prettier than the northern lights, so a party-hard dude goes after her. That relationship will fall apart in a single night after he tries to break his dick off her snatch. They aren't compatible. 

Same can go for this trend -- 98% of the time the guy makes Rowan Atkinson look like an Abercrombie model and 100% of the time the girl is stunning. Logically, they couldn't possibly be compatible. In the off-chance they are, that's great. For the vast majority, I'm still scratching my head as to why it happens, and I'm going to quickly get tired of wasting brain power pondering this.

Someone call a psychologist and figure this out.